Monday, August 03, 2009

I Was Going to Post...

I think He may be testing me. I started to type a blog during lunch (I'm on my lunch break at work now) and even read two chapters. Good ones to be sure. James 5 and Romans 12. They both spoke to me some, but He didn't lay anything on my heart to post, so I'm not.

This doesn't count. :)

I was typing... correction, I typed a few paragraphs (with some witty stuff, you'll have to trust me) but as I typed, I realized I was forcing it. I guess we do that sometimes. We can't get what we want when we want it, so we force it out.

I was forcing it. It wasn't Him speaking to me, and it wasn't honest. It was more like the first draft of those essays you do in Senior English during High School. Especially if you know you're already graduating, so you just type whatever drivel you can and think it's some smart take on something above most people.

Partly because you don't understand it yourself.

Well, that's what I was doing and He was like, "No. Don't write that." So I deleted it. I wanted to post about not posting, though, so I could try to get in the habit of posting regularly, but then I realized, maybe, instead of me forcing what God wants, I should let Him hijack my thoughts.

Or lack thereof.