Monday, May 19, 2008

Hopefully this becomes a trend...

I will be attempting to post regularly in my blog. I was with the Church this weekend and felt compelled to share what's going on in my life. I know, logically, that only my wife, mother, and sister will likely read this, but that's ok. If these posts do anything for them or anyone else, I'll be grateful, however, I will be posting them for myself and God.

Anyway, onto the actual post...

I have set my phone to bug me four times a day to remind me to pray. It just buzzed me for the first time a few minutes ago. I have been wanting to have more time to pray and think about God, however I get so caught up in work, play, etc. that I forget about doing it. So my phone will be buzzing me at 10, 2, 6, and 10, every day. I enjoy it already. :)

Onto this past weekend...

At the Cove, Mike was speaking about attending the weekend services and how you need to not only show up, but pray-up, pay-up, and a few other cheesy -up phrases. I really like the pray-up part. I've never realized that the services aren't really like a show. Our culture is so entertainment oriented and receptive-oriented, that I have always attended thinking, "What will God show me today?" instead of "This will be training time well spent." That's how I will attempt to view the weekend services now, as training time. Fellowship is a great word, but training covers it better (for my mind).

Anyway, I plan to post more regularly and it won't be anything like my previous posts, not that I won't possible post an occasional YouTube video or something, but I'll be posting stuff more personal and text-based. :) I may not post every day, but I may post more than once a day, at times, so I hope any who read this will get something out of it, I know I will.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love our nightly prayers together. <3

Nana said...

Lo ispirate Antonio. Ti amo