Monday, May 19, 2008

The "Real" Reality...

What is it? I don't mean existentially, I mean, stuff like: "Do we all see black as the same color?" "Do we all see things right-side-up?" or even "Is left, left to all of us?" I mean, what if I looked in your eyes and from my view it was backwards, upside-down and colored weird? I don't know.

Should we really be so judgmental when we don't know what others see? We can hardly understand their thought processes. I mean, when any one of us is cut off in traffic, do we react the same way each time? I don't. If I'm angry I'm more aggressive, if I'm calm, I usually just shrug it off. So, if we can't predict how we'll act, can we effectively predict others' actions? Or even judge them when they occur?

What if a guy walks by you, wearing dirty overalls, looking down, with a disgruntled look on his face, and he bumps your arm? Now, what if an old lady did it as she shuffled past? Ok, one more, what if it was a teenager, laughing and smiling the whole time? Now think about that.. . What if the man had just lost his wife and was upset, but didn't even notice he bumped you? What if the old lady was bitter toward the world and did it on purpose? What if the teenagers were just excited because they were accepted into the local college and got Federal help?

I don't know about you, but at first I'd be pretty upset with the man and the teens, but the old lady, not so much. Of course, if then think about how the truth could be so different from what you perceive and how things aren't what they seem... Well, I guess I was wrong to knock that old man down after he stepped on my foot. But it hurt.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Whatever, you would be mad at the old lady too. LOL

By the way, "when any of us IS cut off in traffic" sounds grammatically incorrect. Is it?


<3 :D